These meatballs are both healthy and easy for your little one to pick up and feed themselves. These are a hit in our house for Noah as well as Mommy and Daddy too. A quick and easy addition to any snack or meal, just throw it in the microwave, cut, cool and serve to your little one.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yields: 24-30 meatballs depending on size
Age: 8 months and up
· 1 lb. ground chicken or ground turkey
· ¼ cup applesauce or apple puree
· ½ cup shredded carrot
· ½ cup chopped spinach
· ¼ cup chopped green onion
· 1 egg
· ½ cup breadcrumbs
· ½ tsp cumin
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, a silicone mat or tin foil.
3. In a large bowl, place all of the ingredients. Gently fold together with your hands or a spatula until everything is well incorporated. Let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Roll meat mixture into 1 inch balls. Wet your hands throughout the process for easier rolling.
5. Place the meatballs onto the baking sheet and bake for 15/20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and gently browned.
You can store these meatballs in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.